Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Welcome to the Post-Class Discussion

Greetings students in the Tech Comm Manager course:

One of the recurring themes in the comments in class was that you wanted to continue the conversation we started.

This blog provides us with a means of doing so. To ensure that the discussion continues, I will post a question from time-to-time.

But please do not limit your discussions to my questions. If you have some--please send them to me so we might generate discussions that will be helpful to you, too.

Please note, too, that I have hidden this blog from search engines and the list of blogs on Blogger, to ensure a certain amount of privacy.

I look forward to continuing this conversation--and to learning from you.

Best,

Saul

2 comments:

  1. Saul,
    When and how will we receive our certificates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working with the same group of people for nearly 20 years, so the ideas I describe below might or might not work given a different set of circumstances. First, if I have a choice, I opt for reviewers who I know are reliable and have a vested interest in the outcome. After that, I follow these steps. 1. I always ask for the commitment to review in person. 2. I follow it up with a "thank you in advance" e-mail with details and a due date. 3. I pad the due date, either a lot or a little depending on the person. Even if it's a reliable reviewer, unexpected delays can occur. 4. Just prior to the due date, I make an outreach call (in person) to check on progress. 5. I keep in mind some reliable backup reviewers.

    Monica Carstens

    ReplyDelete